Sunday, 10 March 2013

Blooming Marvelous One Sheet Wonder (OSW) cards

Yesterday we created this with a sheet of card stock and a bit of stamping.



Today I am going to show you what I made with each piece. 

(Shhh...I'll let you into a little secret. As I am writing this I have no idea what I am going to do with those 7 pieces of Designer card stock! I am scheduling this post so I have a week to make something and add the photographs to my blog.)

This is what I did next. Firstly, I chose a base colour. As I wanted a clean look for my cards I chose to use Whisper White. Next, I decided on a colour to mount the Designer card stock on - I chose Certainly Celery. Sometimes I cut the mounts with equal edges; sometimes I made the border much bigger than the card pieces. I also cut one of the 14 x 7 cms pieces into 4 pieces; shaving a small piece off each so that all pieces had a Certainly Celery border. Here is a photograph to show you what I did.





Now to add some definition. This can be done by adding shape; texture, sentiments and/or dimension to make the card 'POP'. Different shapes can be achieved by using punches or dies and Stampin' Up! have lots of both! Textured embossing folders, ribbon, buttons, brads or fabric and help to create texture; and laying or using dimensions can add dimension. 

The internet is always a great source of inspiration for me. This card by Lois Folla has everything! I love it. Check out more from her blog here.


3D Butterfly Window Card 01 loisfolladotcom




No comments:

Post a Comment