Monday, 4 March 2013

Blooming Marvelous One Sheet Wonder (OSW)

For those of you blog readers who do not know what a One Sheet Wonder (OSW) is, let me enlighten you! A One Sheet Wonder (OSW) is when a single piece of designer paper (dp) is used for several cards/projects with no or very very little waste left over. In this case I have used stamps to create my own paper on an A4 piece of cardstock.

I have used the Blooming Marvelous Stamp Set with Rich Razzleberry; Tempting Turquoise; Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery ink pads on a piece of Whisper White card stock. I stamped randomly all over the card place in a landscape orientation first with the darkest colour - Rich Razzleberry using the flower stamp. Next, using Tempting Turquoise I stamped the humming bird; followed by the butterfly in Pretty in Pink. I finished off by filling in the gaps with the leaf stamp in Certainly Celery until the card is covered.


It ends up something like this:-



The designer paper (Yes! You are a designer. You have created your own unique piece of artwork. No two sheets will ever be the same; even if you are daft enough to try!) is then cut to create smaller pieces to decorate base card stock. I began by cutting mine as follows:-

On the long side at 14cms; then at 9.5 cms; leaving 6.5 cms.
I cut the 14 cms piece into three equal pieces at 7cms.
I cut the 9.5 cms piece in half at 10.5 cms
I also cut the 6.5 cms piece in half at 10.5 cms.
If you click on the image it will enlarge so that you can see the measurements more clearly just in case  you cannot follow my instructions!




Tomorrow I will show you what I did with this.





















No comments:

Post a Comment