Wednesday, 2 November 2011

12 Days of Christmas - Day 2 - Gift bag of tags

Using a totally different; non traditional Christmas colour scheme this time, I have created a gift bag of tags. First I created my own patterned paper using a A4 piece of 'Whisper White' cardstock and the 'Serene Snowflakes' stamp set; in the style of a 'One sheet wonder'

  1. Taking the largest stamp and 'Baja Breeze' ink I stamped randomly all over the card; then with the middle sized snowflake stamp and 'Bashful Blue' I stamped again in the spaces.
  2. Next I used the three little snowflake stamp with the new 'Island Indigo' to fill in all the tiny white spaces.
  3. When this had dried I took a sponge dauber and lightly sponged the cardstock with Frost White Shimmer Paint.
  4. From this one sheet I cut two Big Shot 'Top Note' Die shapes. I then trimmed around the serated egde to make them slightly smaller
  5. The rest I cut up using the  'Large Tag' punch.
  6. From Island Indigo cardstock I cut two Big Shot 'Top Note' Die shapes and enough tags from the 'Extra Large Punch' to match the number of tags made with the snowflake card large tags.
  7. I stuck the Large Tag shapes onto the Extra Large Tag shapes; punched a small hole in the top with the 'Crop-o-dile' and threaded 0.32mm taffeta ribbon through and tied in place
  8. I put the finished tags into a 'Small cellophane bag'.
  9. I mounted the small snowflake Top Note shape onto the Island Indigo Top Note and stuck down
  10. I then folded this lengthways and attached to the top of the cellophane bag
  11. To decorate I tied Whisper White taffeta ribbon around the top and then tied a small piece of the thin taffeta ribbon around the knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment